Ready for that designer kitchen? Or perhaps an extra powder room is on your Dream House list! Even if you’ve been “just thinking” about letting go of the starter home and moving up to the next level of your home owning dreams, there are at least 4 very good reasons this makes sense.
We understand the hurdles you face and the factors that are making the idea of selling this summer season a difficult decision.
Are any of these your reasons?
· The perception that your house hasn’t recovered value. If you purchased just before the housing crash that is an honest concern. However, you may not be aware that most homes have reached and exceeded pre-crash price levels
· Low mortgage rates. You may be one of the many homeowners who were able to refinance your loans while rates were low. If it’s concerns over securing another mortgage at those same low rates holding you back, it may help to know rates continue at historical lows
· Finally, and perhaps most significantly, are fears of finding and locking in a purchase of the dream house your biggest nightmare? Yes, the stories of inventory shortages are true, but you may not know they are mostly affecting the starter home market far more than the move up market you’ll be looking in
While there is certainly no denying that the challenges of the current real estate market are real, just as real and solid are the strong financial reasons motivating a green light to go ahead with your move up plans!
4 Really Reasonable Reasons
1. Those tight inventory levels practically guarantee a quick sale thanks to minimal competition
2. Higher sale prices, thanks to increased buyer demand
3. Mortgage rates at those historical lows are attracting more buyers to the market every day
4. The continual surge in buyer demand, especially among first time home buyers
You are already benefiting from the advantages of owning your home; now, imagine the joy of owning the home of your true dreams. Overcoming the obstacles to moving up will be much easier with the expert assistance of your local RE/MAX Alliance Associate! That gourmet kitchen may not be such a pipe dream after all!