Will the tax return you see this year disappear into a short-lived Caribbean vacation or would you like to see it pay you dividends now – AND for many years to come?
The data from well over 100 years of history is hard to ignore, and it fairly shouts the fact that an investment in real estate in the form of owning your home pays you back dividends in so many wonderful ways!
1. People who own usually enjoy greater financial security long term
2. People who own usually enjoy lower interest rates on other types of loans and credit cards
3. People who own usually enjoy better overall personal health
4. People who own usually make more money over the course of their lives than those who rent
5. People who own usually retire with greater wealth to fall back on
Many people put off purchasing a home because they don’t believe or realize that they actually can buy! With all the variety of loan packages available, you might be pleasantly surprised to find that you too CAN afford that special place to call your own.
Here are 2 ways to send your tax return snowballing towards greater financial gains:
· Use the tax return to pay your closing costs, rather than rolling them into the life of your loan. By using your tax return you could see a savings of up to $50 per month. Over the next 30 years this will add up to a total savings of $18,000!
· Use your tax return to pay for a point up front on your mortgage. Lowering your interest rate by as little as 1% adds up to thousands in savings over a 30 year mortgage!
Combined with the many other financial gains of owning, mixed with the equity increases you'll enjoy over the years and you could see your insignificant tax refund snowball into a significantly healthy financial future!
The benefits of home ownership are many, and your local RE/MAX Alliance Associate can show you how to gain the greatest financial impact from your tax refund investment in real estate. Give them a call today!