If you’re thinking about moving to Evergreen, Colorado, you probably don’t need much convincing. Just in case you’re on the fence, we’ve put together 10 reasons it’s worth it to pull up roots and relocate to this beautiful mountain community.
1. Trails and nature. For hikers, bikers, fishermen and nature lovers, there may be no better place in the world than Evergreen. With countless trails, plenty of Open Space and the always stunning Evergreen Lake, you’ll never need to go on vacation!
2. The arts. From sculpture and performances to galleries and classes, Evergreen is ripe for those who enjoy all forms of the arts. The Center for the Arts Evergreen is the hub for the arts community.
3. History. If you love history, Evergreen can take you back in time through its many preserved areas and buildings. Delve into important periods of Evergreen’s lifespan through places like the Hiwan Homestead Museum and the Humphrey History Park and Museum.
4. Proximity to Denver. Although Evergreen is virtually self-contained, providing its residents with almost everything they need, there are some advantages to being close to Denver. Some of the best art and performances make their way to the Metro area, and Denver is home to a major league team in every sport! There’s also the Denver International Airport, the Denver Zoo, Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park, the Denver Botanic Gardens and much more.
5. Recreation. If you love being active, Evergreen is a good fit for your year-round enjoyment. Whether you’re seeking a great game of 18-hole golf at the Evergreen Golf Course, your choice of indoor or outdoor matches at the Evergreen Tennis Club, or any of hundreds of indoor and outdoor activities with the Evergreen Park & Recreation District, you’ll never run out of ways to have fun and stay fit!
6. Events and festivals. Don’t let the chill of winter fool year—Evergreen is busy with events and festivals throughout the entire year!
7. Dining and libations. Despite its size, Evergreen offers a global variety to please even the pickiest of palates. Thai, Italian, BBQ, Chinese, Japanese and vegan foods are all to be found in Evergreen, as well as breweries and a winery!
8. Multigenerational appeal. With award-winning schools and access to state-of-the-art healthcare, Evergreen is the perfect place for families and retirees to call home!
9. Low crime. Evergreen’s crime rate is incredibly low! According to Neighborhood Scout, while Colorado’s violent crime averages 3.09 (per 1,000 residents), Evergreen is just 1.28.
10. The people! One way to tell the size of a town’s heart is by the number of people who volunteer, and in Evergreen, the community turns out! At any given time, there are fundraisers, community events, opportunities to help at the many charities or just neighbors looking to lend a hand. Move to Evergreen and you’ll experience it firsthand!
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell in Evergreen, we hope you’ll allow RE/MAX Alliance of Evergreen to be your Realtor! We know the area better than anyone and work closely with Home Mortgage Alliance to get you the best mortgage rates. Call us today 303-674-9770 or visit us online at http://evergreen.homesincolorado.com/.